Lois Freedman, M.Ed., C.C.E. is available as a speaker and group facilitator for audiences of health care providers and childbearing women. A sampling of speaking engagements include:
- Boston Association for Childbirth Education, www.bace-nmc.org "VBAC Preparation."
- Partners in Perinatal Health Annual Conference, www.piphma.org "Histories, Trauma and Fears" with Lorenza Holt, MPH
- Partners in Perinatal Health Annual Conference, www.piphma.org "Preparing for VBAC" with Mary E. Baker, CNM
- Massachusetts Midwives Alliance Basic Midwifery Course, www.massmidwives.org, Lois facilitated a Birth Circle for midwifery students to tell their birth stories in a safe and nurturing environment as they started their academic year in the MMA Basic Midwifery Course.
- American College of Nurse Midwives National Conference, “Counseling Pregnant Women: A Unique Opportunity for Healing from Loss and Trauma."
- Midwives Alliance of North America, “Self Care for Midwives: How to Nurture Yourselves as You Care for Others.”
- Boston Association for Childbirth Education Advanced Childbirth Education Workshop, “Improving VBAC Success One Mother at a Time.”
- Lamaze International Conference and Lamaze Post-Conference, “Birth as a Healing Experience: Helping Pregnant Women Cope with Loss.”
- Birth the Play, Participant in talk-back session after the play, and facilitator for the BOLD Red Tent Event.
Lois is affiliated with the following professional organizations:
- Partners in Perinatal Health – Member of Planning Committee for New England area annual Partners in Perinatal Health Conference; Co-chair of Exhibitor Committee
- Boston Association for Childbirth Education
- International Cesarean Awareness Network
- Massachuchusetts Midwives Alliance
Contact Lois Freedman by phone at 617-543-1270, or Lois@LoisFreedman.net